Total CFL and Total-CFL webTV brought to you by mykaussie.com
Home | Discussion | Total CFL webTV | E-Store | Special Reports | Site News | Links
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 12:31:34 PM
Home | Login | Register

Author Topic: Updated Sat Jan 19! Marc Trestman NFL Bears new coach!A report from Al's media!  (Read 8107 times)

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I started this thread on Jan 16. Refer to the last post below for latest update.

Alouettes wish the best of luck to Marc Trestman! From Charles Rooke at Al's media today.

Montreal, January 16, 2013 - Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall wished Marc Trestman the best of luck after Trestman accepted to become the head coach of the Chicago Bears and not return to the Alouettes in 2013.

Over his five seasons at the Alouettes' helm from 2008 to 2012, Trestman led Montreal to four East Division titles and three trips to the Grey Cup final including back-to-back championships in 2009 and 2010. Despite Trestman having four years remaining on his current contract, Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall has allowed him to sign with the Bears.

"My family and I are delighted for Coach Trestman, his lovely wife Cindy, and their two daughters upon his appointment as the head coach of the Chicago Bears," said Wetenhall. He has recently visited with me about going back to the National Football League where he spent 17 years and I was delighted to let him do that after 5 years of service to the Alouettes. His contributions to our franchise, our community and the CFL have extended far beyond his very successful coaching record."

"When we recruited him over five years ago, he expressed to me then that along with fulfilling his coaching obligations, he also wanted to have a positive influence on the players in their personal lives which he has done so well," continued Wetenhall. "Our franchise will miss him, as will I, as we've become very good friends. We wish him and his family all good things in the future. I will be announcing the appointment of our new head coach in the weeks ahead."

During his tenure in Montreal, Trestman won 59 regular season games, tying him with Douglas Walker for the club record, just one win ahead of Don Matthews. He also earned CFL Coach of the Year honours in 2009.

"I am very happy for Marc, Cindy, Sarahanne, and Chloe today. This has been a life long dream that has come true," declared Alouettes general manager Jim Popp. "All Montreal and CFL fans should also be happy for Marc. No question, we have a huge challenge to find our next coach to follow the footsteps of Marc, but we have had success in the past and we will meet the challenge head on and find a new head coach who can continue setting the high standards that we expect in Montreal."

This marks a return to the NFL for Trestman who spent a combined 17 years in a number of positional coach and offensive coordinator roles with the Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins since 1985." Charles Rooke
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:43:04 AM by Myk Aussie »
Myk Aussie
Hrs of Sports Comedy TV at
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
Twitter: @MykAussie
FB: Myk Aussie
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
From twitter today:

"@TheFakeESPN You idiot! #CFL Trestman just took on the job of "daddy" to Bears "cry babies" Cutler & Marshall! I like Marshall though! #NFL " @MykAussie

Above was my reply to this tweet that I had to edit on here.
"Bears brief Trestman on Canadian & American Football differences, like how there's 4 downs, 11 players on field, and no........"@TheFakeESPN  I edited the rest as it was a crude bad stupid comment.
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

Myk Aussie

• Administrator
  • Hall Of Famer
I had to comment on this picture I saw today from my Montreal radio mate MikGazStation/The Uncle Hood.

"Hey Habs fan in pic! Ya #CFL Montreal Al's win more than ya NHL CDN's lately! "The #NHL is back. http://instagram.com/p/Uqr5cRnMdr/ " @THEUNCLEHOOD
Myk Aussie
mykaussie.com
Total-CFL.com
YouTube/MykAussie

total-cfl.com  |  TOTAL-CFL Discussion  |  Total Talk! (Moderator: GreatWhiteNorth)  |  Topic: Updated Sat Jan 19! Marc Trestman NFL Bears new coach!A report from Al's media!

The Total-CFL News/Discussion.
The Total-CFL News/Discussion is where you will find some of the most knowledgeable CFL fans posting news and at times discussing the latest CFL topics. Many of the TotalCFLers have been on there for 12+ years making it the longest running and I firmly believe the most knowledgeable and accurate "CFL News/Discussion" on the web! We are particularly looking for new CFL fans to join the CFL News /Discussion. Add any CFL news and also ask the great CFL longtime fans questions and get intelligent and monitored replies. Register here for pre-approval.

TotalCFL TV
I have massive amounts of CFL TV from the past 11 years of web Sports casting this great game. All CFL teams are up along with TotalCFL TV from many of the past 12 Grey Cups. Lots of great 1 on 1 CFL Star player interviews along with comedy style fan and Cwoc Cool Women Of Canada CFL cheerleader interviews. Click here

Total-CFL.com - Special Reports
Updated Sat Jan 29, 11. "Nothing but good news for Anthony Calvillo! Well deserved retirement for Ben Cahoon. One of the best. Press Conference video! Effects of NFL labour situation on CFL player migration? by Great White North on Total-CFL.com! New CFL team in Ottawa, expansion draft approved. Start digging please! I'm talking about CFL Grey Cups on Sports Rage with Champ host Gabriel Morency! RIP Tony Proudfoot. The Alouettes mourn the loss of Tony Proudfoot. Report direct from Al's media! Montreal Alouettes star QB Anthony Calvillo health update. Direct from Al's! New MYKwebTV/TotalCFL TV. Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! Pictures from the 2010 Grey Cup parties! Montreal Alouettes defeated Saskatchewan Roughriders 21 to 18 in the 98th 2010 CFL Grey Cup in Edmonton! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen now! Talking CFL Grey Cup, Snow Bowl and NFL with Avry from Edmonton on his online Sports show. Listen NOW Click here!

Snow Bowl, a CFL style game played on Grey Cup weekend by diehard CFL fans.
From Snow Bowl section. Updated Mon Dec 6, 10. "Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen NOW Click here!

Please email myk@mykaussie.com with any problems, suggestions, or feedback regarding the site design of www.total-cfl.com - OzCanDesign 2008©