Total CFL and Total-CFL webTV brought to you by mykaussie.com
Home | Discussion | Total CFL webTV | E-Store | Special Reports | Site News | Links
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2022, 01:02:34 AM
Home | Login | Register

Author Topic: Riders @ Cats Sept 25  (Read 9864 times)

Green is the Colour

• Rookie
Riders @ Cats Sept 25
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »
Have never seen a game at Ivor Wynne and have an opportunity to perhaps incorporate the end of September game into some plans. I am interested in finding out some details from others who have gone as to logistics. We will probably be staying in Toronto, near Union Station.

Best way to get to Hamilton & back? Go Train? Bus?

Buy tickets in advance or buy them from a "broker" before the game?

What section to buy tickets in? Would like to be near others wearing the green and it always looks like there are Rider fans all through the stadium. (I know, typical) Also would want to be on the Rider side.

If staying in Hamilton, hotel recommendation?

How about the Winking Judge pub? Is it close to Ivor Wynne? Worth going to?

Eskinator & go riders, I'm looking at you for starters..... ;D

Hambone

• All Star
Re: Riders @ Cats Sept 25
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
Sounds to me like you need to get in contact with our former resident expert on all things Hamilton, Tigger. I've been down there a couple of times. I drove once as I was circumnavigating Lake Erie taking in baseball and football games. The other time was for GC 96. I don't recall whether I used a shuttle from Pearson or rented a car. GO Train comes right into downtown Hamilton so that would be the easiest way for sure.

Eskinator

• Administrator
  • Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »
Have never seen a game at Ivor Wynne and have an opportunity to perhaps incorporate the end of September game into some plans. I am interested in finding out some details from others who have gone as to logistics. We will probably be staying in Toronto, near Union Station.

What section to buy tickets in? Would like to be near others wearing the green and it always looks like there are Rider fans all through the stadium. (I know, typical) Also would want to be on the Rider side.

If you are staying near Union Station (which place Bill?) then I do suggest the Go Train (actually it's a Go Bus caught in the Bus Terminal just outside Union Station). It will actually stop half a block from the Winking Judge (convenient).

Game tickets and sections I can't really help you with. We have always sat with friends in section 22. I know Tigger sits in Section 25. Kinda the good seats. Giys like the Box J Boys sit in, no surprise, Box J, which is on the opposite side to Tigger. The side Tigger is on also has the broadcast booth.

Hotels are tough to suggest as they don't have a ton of nice ones to pick from (sorry Tigger, it's true). I do believe the hotel you should try to get into is the Sheraton at 116 King Street West which is right downtown. The Hall of Fame is close to this hotel. You can get dropped off of the Go Bus outside the Hamilton City Hall and walk the shortish block to the hotel.

Winking Judge is not close to the Stadium. But it is worth going to. Very CFL friendly. Good beers on tap. Kind of a "meeting place" for CFL fans (big screen upstairs to watch the games).

We can also dial you in with our friends in Hamilton. We have sent all kinds of CFL fans their way. They live 8 minutes away from the stadium. You may know them, Rob and Jane Burns or Jane's brother Brian Carey?

I can answer all other questions by phone. You have the number Bill. Use the toll free number.

GreatWhiteNorth

• Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
Agree with what Brian said, but will add a few points.

Both benches are on the same side of the stadium, so you're looking more for the "right end" rather than "right side".  Benches are on the opposite side of the stadium from the seats that Brian referenced.  It's a neat, intimate stadium with passionate fans but not big on ammenities.  There seems to be regular tailgating pre-game in a grassy lot about 3-4 blocks away from the stadium and never found it challenging to find someone offering up a beverage for a visitor.

I have stayed at the Sheraton, and would concur that it's likely the best of the lot.  Would qualify as your standard 3.5 star hotel... a little on the older side, but clean and comfortable.  Personally, as long as you can work in time for the HOF, a trip to the Judge, and the game itself, I would be looking to extend my stay in Toronto and just stay the one night in Hamilton.  Way better bang for the buck on accommodations in the centre of the universe and more options in terms of dining and entertainment options.

As mentioned, Go Bus is very easy to navigate and is the way to go when coming from TO.

go riders

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:52:11 AM »

Sorry, Bill....You still in town for the game this weekend?

Green is the Colour

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:17 AM »
Hi Dave.

The trip East didn't come together so will have to look at it next year.

total-cfl.com  |  TOTAL-CFL Discussion  |  Total Talk! (Moderator: GreatWhiteNorth)  |  Topic: Riders @ Cats Sept 25

The Total-CFL News/Discussion.
The Total-CFL News/Discussion is where you will find some of the most knowledgeable CFL fans posting news and at times discussing the latest CFL topics. Many of the TotalCFLers have been on there for 12+ years making it the longest running and I firmly believe the most knowledgeable and accurate "CFL News/Discussion" on the web! We are particularly looking for new CFL fans to join the CFL News /Discussion. Add any CFL news and also ask the great CFL longtime fans questions and get intelligent and monitored replies. Register here for pre-approval.

TotalCFL TV
I have massive amounts of CFL TV from the past 11 years of web Sports casting this great game. All CFL teams are up along with TotalCFL TV from many of the past 12 Grey Cups. Lots of great 1 on 1 CFL Star player interviews along with comedy style fan and Cwoc Cool Women Of Canada CFL cheerleader interviews. Click here

Total-CFL.com - Special Reports
Updated Sat Jan 29, 11. "Nothing but good news for Anthony Calvillo! Well deserved retirement for Ben Cahoon. One of the best. Press Conference video! Effects of NFL labour situation on CFL player migration? by Great White North on Total-CFL.com! New CFL team in Ottawa, expansion draft approved. Start digging please! I'm talking about CFL Grey Cups on Sports Rage with Champ host Gabriel Morency! RIP Tony Proudfoot. The Alouettes mourn the loss of Tony Proudfoot. Report direct from Al's media! Montreal Alouettes star QB Anthony Calvillo health update. Direct from Al's! New MYKwebTV/TotalCFL TV. Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! Pictures from the 2010 Grey Cup parties! Montreal Alouettes defeated Saskatchewan Roughriders 21 to 18 in the 98th 2010 CFL Grey Cup in Edmonton! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen now! Talking CFL Grey Cup, Snow Bowl and NFL with Avry from Edmonton on his online Sports show. Listen NOW Click here!

Snow Bowl, a CFL style game played on Grey Cup weekend by diehard CFL fans.
From Snow Bowl section. Updated Mon Dec 6, 10. "Talking about the Snow Bowl and Grey Cups on The Team 1260 Edmonton sports radio with Jason Gregor. Watch and listen now! West defeated East 42 to 21 in the 11th Snow Bowl also played on Grey Cup Sunday! Talking about the Snow Bowl, Grey Cups, Super Bowls and AFL Grand Finals on the CBC Radio Active show. Listen NOW Click here!

Please email myk@mykaussie.com with any problems, suggestions, or feedback regarding the site design of www.total-cfl.com - OzCanDesign 2008©